Coronavirus - Current Advice
As seen in the news, Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. The Government and NHS are well prepared to deal with this virus and health professionals are working to contact anyone who has been in close contact with people who have coronavirus.
Here’s the latest information from the NHS website.
There are things that all of us can do to help to stop the spread of the virus
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including coronavirus.
For patients concerned that they may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell patients what you should do based on your particular circumstances. These can be accessed at: 111.nhs.uk/covid-19